In December of 2020 we had a HUGE milestone – We hit 1 million subscribers here on YouTube. It has been a long journey to get here, and Chris reflected on that journey recently on the Clubhouse app. In his talk, he went over nine guiding principles that got us to a million subscribers. However, these principles can really be used to grow your audience on ANY social media app.
If you have the Clubhouse app, you can connect with Chris at thechrisdo, where he’ll be giving more talks in the future.
Want a deeper dive? Typography, Lettering, Sales & Marketing, Social Media and The Business of Design courses available here:
1. Put in the work, show up every day, be patient,
2. The longer you play the game the better you get, persist to resist
3. Ignore those who do not want your success, don’t give a stranger the ability to affect your life
4. Try new things, make mistakes, don’t be afraid to fail, failure is an opportunity in disguise
5. Done is better than perfect, perfectionist is a form of procrastination and is the enemy of execution, small steps
6. Be generous, help others
7. You are a poor judge of your own talents
8. Plans are overrated, paralysis by analysis
9. What makes you weird makes you wonderful, being different is a competitive advantage
👉See our Academy Channel:
🎙 Futur Podcast:
✍️ Futur Blog:
Love the content? Become a sustaining member for /mo today.
Essential Reading for Creative Professionals:
Essential Design Books:
Kits & Proposals:
Visit our website:
We love getting your letters. Send it here:
c/o Chris Do
1702 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
🙏 Support The Futur by purchasing through our affiliate links:
Retro Supply Co.:
✍️ Sharpen your skills by taking a course, using our affiliate links:
School of Motion:
Bring Your Own Laptop Tutorials:
🎧 Do you like the music? Check out the music libraries we use in our affiliate links below:
Get our FAVORITE notebook from Baron Fig:
*By making a purchase through any of our affiliate links, we receive a very small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us on our mission to provide quality education to you. Thank you.
Host: Chris Do
Content Director: Matthew Encina
Producer: Mark Contreras
Cinematographers/Editors: Stewart Schuster, Ricky Lucas, Jona Garcia
Social Team: Elle Money, Alex Burlui
Futur Theme Music: Adam Sanborne
Typefaces: Futura, DIN, Helvetica Now, Calibre, Knockout, Champion Gothic